Bhramari Pranayama is one of the best and well-known gesture form of Pranayama. It is also known as the ‘Humming Bee Breath’ because the word Bhramari comes from the Sanskrit dictionary ‘Bhramar’ which means bumble bee and the meaning of Pranayama is the breathing technique so it can also be called ‘Bee Breath Technique’. Bhramari could be effective Pranayama for disturbed minded and anxious people. The humming sound produced at the back of the throat during the practice resembles the gentle humming of the bees which helps to create vibration in your brain which helps to work brain function really well.
Activity of this respiratory exercise helps to soothe the nervous system and induce a relaxed impact on your brain. Bhramari Pranayama practices to reducing mental stress, fatigue and high vital signs like body temperature, blood pressure, respiratory rate, and heart rate. Conjointly it will give a positive impact for ear, nose, mouth and eye issues. It is one of the simplest breathing technique and can be practiced anywhere at work or at home. There is no exact time needed to perform this pranayama.
Steps for Bhramari Pranayama
Table of Contents
- Sit straight (spine and back in align position) in the Padmasana or any other sitting asana like Sukhasana.
- Close your eyes and Take a deep breath slowly.
- Now put your thumb on your ear point and close it by gently press them inwardly.
- Place your both index fingers on above the eyebrows and with remaining fingers on closed eyelids.
- Gently, apply the pressure to the sides of your nose through the remaining fingertips.
- Start inhaling the air through both the nostril deeply and slowly.
- Now, try to concentrate your mind between the eyebrow points.
- Keep your mouth closed, exhale by making humming sound bee like “hmmm” and “om” in soft humming sound.
- Feel your body relaxed by experiencing positive energy.
- Repeat the process 10-11 times a day.
- This can be the best meditation technique whenever you feel stressed and fatigued.
- Remember that while concentrating your mind, you are being connected to all the positive energy of the universe, not the negative energy.
Also Try: Prana Mudra
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama
Bhramari Pranayama is the most effective pranayama to maintain a good health. It will help to connect us with our truest inner soul and keep us high on positive energy. It is advice and described by the homeopaths in almost all the health cases for fast recovery. Here, are the lists of the health benefits of bhramari pranayama or bee breath technique.
- Best breathing technique to activate and increase the concentration of mind.
- It will help to clear respiratory blockage and gives fresh oxygen to the mind and brain.
- It reduces high blood pressure and heart rate.
- Get instant relief from anger, anxiety, stress, insomnia and cerebral tensions.
- During the pregnancy, if you regularly practiced Bhramari Pranayama, it facilitates easy and normal child birth.
- Vibration from humming sound stimulates the pineal and pituitary gland to supporting normal functions.
- It is the best therapy to treat Alzheimer disease.
- It helps to reduce the migraine pain.
- By practicing this technique we could control our thoughts and mind becomes steady with positive energy.
Best Time to Practice Bhramari Pranayama
Bhramari Pranayama is best practiced on an empty stomach around 4 am- 6 am in the early morning. While it could be practiced at any time of day, Bhramari (as with most Pranayama) is terribly potent in the predominately silent places where there are very few distracting noises. Ourinner perception is more acute in a silent and fresh environment.
Precautions of Bhramari Pranayama
- Don’t practice in a relaxed back position or supine position.
- Don’t press the ear and eye cartilage too hard. Gently press and release with fingers.
- Don’t put the finger inside your ears.
- This bee breath technique should be done on empty stomach.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from rhinorrhea or ear infection before performing the Bhramari Pranayama.
- There is no exact time to perform this technique but if you will practice in early in the morning around sunrise than this asana can do wonders for your health.
- If you are pregnant and heart patient than should not hold breath for a longer duration.
Mental stress is one of the major problems especially in students with lots of exam stress and study stress. Even the people in metropolis face the same problems due to a lot of work stress and a lot more traffic. Pranayama is the best way to connect spirit with God, as you hold the air that God remains with you when you exhale the air than you approach God. Bhramari is the type of Pranayama commonly known as the humming bee breathe technique could be performed anywhere to reduce the mental tension, depression, anxiety, frustration, and anger or at the same time it soothes our nervous system very well. Bhramari Pranayama works more in predominately silent places where you potently connect your mind to your soul.